We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Escherichia coli, streptococcus B, Listeria monocytogenes, herpes, cytomegalovirus, rubella, chicken pox ... germs most often cause mild infections unless you have a nice round belly! In this case, close supervision of your future baby is in order.
Pregnancy is not a disease. You are just a little more fragile and a repository of a precious asset. During these nine months, do not let go of your vigilance. Observe yourself: the presence of a red plaque, a sore throat and especially the slightest rise in temperature are signs not to be neglected!
HOW TO PROTECT BACTERIA
- What does it cause? In the mother, this germ causes mostly urinary tract infections. They can be "low" and not serious (cystitis) or "high", accompanied by a high fever and urinary pains (pyelonephritis). In the future baby, the same bacteria is responsible for serious infections or even premature delivery.
- Info +: Since this germ has a special affinity with the genital area, think of urinating and drinking after each sexual intercourse, to "wash" your bladder.
- What does the treatment consist of ? Like all bacteria, Escherichia coli is susceptible to antibiotics, especially penicillin.
- What about prevention? It goes through proper hygiene: to the toilet, always wipe back and forth and wash your hands well afterwards. Drink a lot and relieve yourself often!
- What does it cause? Most of the time, an infection with this germ is synonymous with tonsillitis, urinary or vaginal infections without gravity. But if, unfortunately, streptococcus B crosses the placenta, it can cause a miscarriage, premature birth or, at the time of delivery, seriously contaminate the baby.
- What does the treatment consist of ? The screening of the germ is done by vaginal sampling during your pregnancy. Yet even if the result is positive, you will not always be treated immediately. It is only during childbirth that you will receive intravenous antibiotic (penicillin) treatment, to prevent any risk of serious infection of your baby.
- What about prevention? Bet on an irreproachable hygiene.
- Info +: know that many women are healthy carriers of this bacteria.
1 2 3 4 5